Policy Information



Why do I need a renter's policy?

If your apartment is robbed or the apartment above you has a fire, and the water used to extinguish it floods your apartment, your landlord's policy likely won't pay to replace any of your stuff. That's up to you.

You have a lot of money invested in your personal property — and it's worth protecting. And remember, as a renter, you could experience a loss due to something you have no control over.

Also, keep in mind your need for liability insurance. Say your friend's clumsy cousin trips on your sneakers, falls down the stairs and hurts his back. Like it or not, he could sue you for that. Whether or not he wins, fighting that suit could be an expensive nightmare.

Renter's Policy

A Renter's Policy will protect your personal property the same way it would if you owned a home. Ask your agent about what level of coverage is right for you.


What will my policy include?

* Personal Property Protection - Covers the loss or damage of your stuff

* Family Liability Protection - Provides legal representation and protection against judgments

* Guest Medical Protection - Covers medical costs for visitors injured at your home

* Additional Living Expenses - Reimbursement for costs of temporary housing during reconstruction


What are my coverage choices?

* Replacement Coverage – Allows you to receive the full purchase price of lost items

* High Value Item Coverage – Extends protection beyond your basic policy limits


Are there discounts available?

* Multi-Line (Home + Auto) – Save up to 15% depending on the type of home and the state in which you live.

* Protective Devices – Save up to 15% depending on the combination of installed protective devices.


Will my renter's policy cover a flood?

Although people may believe that having a renter's policy covers everything for them, it doesn't. Flood insurance is not covered by a renter's insurance policy. Ask one of our agents here at Hall Insurance Agency, Inc. if you are eligible for a flood policy.